Champion Hero

Trollkin Champion Hero! This Hero has seen good and bad days. Back when I first painted him a long, long time ago I did not paint his tabard because I was still in the middle of trying to figure out what color I really wanted them to be. Now that I finally have a color scheme picked out and he is currently part of my list I decided it is time to finish him.

Over the years the rules on this model have changed a bit. Currently he grants retaliatory strike (the ability to hit someone back right after they hit you) to champions that are in his command range. I am excited now that the champions have Sanguine bond. (the ability to share damage between the unit) I am hoping to punish those that attempt to kill my champions. To try and increase the likelihood of them living I will be taking a Krielstone Bearer to increase their armor. If my memory serves me correctly I believe he used to grant some sort of (champs can see and move through other champs). Madrak 1 has an ability that does that for warrior models so that should set up some fun possibilities.
Thresher on a medium base with 1" range should be able to get at least 2 bad guys but if we are lucky maybe we could snag 3 or 4. Mat 8 weapon master on a P+S 12 should kill all but the heaviest of infantry and if your dice roll high maybe even them... Anyhow even if the rules keep getting moved around and he does not see the table much he is still better than the Skinner. I also think that his model is a good looking one. I think his paint job turned out table worthy.

Why the purple axe? Back when I was first painting models my brother was showing me that he has a metallic mix that he could add to a color and it would give it a metallic look so we picked purple. I don't even remember why maybe he was painting his Khador or something and he had extra purple out. Oh and his Khador are all painted purple rather than the standard red. Next time I can convince him to get his models out and play me, I will get a picture to put up for you to see.

Comments